Freeski & Snowboard - Progression Plus
Freeski & Snowboard Progression Plus
The Progression Plus Team is designed for both younger and older athletes who are serious about their freesking and snowboarding. Progression Plus Team athletes will exhibit a high level of dedication to their personal riding and are expected to compete in both local and regional USASA/IFSA competition series. Training will build upon established fundamentals and focus on building proficiency in the disciplines of: IFSA Freeride, USASA Halfpipe, Slopestyle and Skier/Boardercross.
USASA and IFSA certified Freeride Program Coaches will mentor and coach Progression Plus Team athletes during weekend and weekday training, and at local and regional competitions. The Progression Plus Team has a multi-tiered focus. Athletes will push their abilities and demonstrate the ability to tackle steeps, natural jumps, cliff drops, and man-made features in all conditions during training and competitions. Technical proficiencies and skill assessments will be a regular component of the training. Additionally, we do mid and end of season athlete evaluations based of the USSA's Developmental Matrix.
*Fall Training is mandatory and summer on-snow training is highly recommended.
Skill Development Focus
- Mastery of proper body movement, balance & edge control.
- Leadership in Terrain Park Smart Style
- Proficiency in Large size terrain pakr/natural features
- Expert skiing/riding in all conditions
- Proficiency in advanced rotations (Switch 360s, 540s, etc.)
- Intro to off axis/inverted aerials (flips, corks etc.)
- Application of freestyle skills to natural terrain
- Emphasis on competition goal-setting
- Mental composure
- Creating individual/signature style
- Developing tactical competition strategy
- Competition Travel is expected of Progression Plus athletes.
Recommended for Grades 7 - 10
04/28/2023 - 1:25pm
Freeride Program May Newsletter
03/29/2023 - 5:23pm
April Freeride Program Newsletter
02/28/2023 - 3:22pm
March Freeride Program Newsletter